Wednesday, July 9, 2008

And so it keeps dragging on...

The next several years are okay. I mean there are a couple of incidents I would just love to elaborate on though. When my brother was just a baby...maybe a month or two old. I remember being parked in a parking lot somewhere. Mom is in the car and standing outside drinking a beer is the always illustrious bio-dad. Now he and Mom are having a discussion, about what I have no idea. I was only maybe 2 1/2....so cut me some slack here. Anywho, I remember him flinging the beer bottle over his shoulder into the dumpster behind him (what talent) and then next thing you know he is leaning into the car. Before you can jump, he is just whaling on Mom. He is pushing her back into brother's car seat and he is just crying to beat hell. I remember thinking that I need to get him out and run inside for help....but I am frozen. I can't move. I can't run. I just sit there helpless, listening to the baby cry and Mom is getting beat on. What a wonderful memory! Good times.

No comments: