Monday, July 7, 2008

And so it continues....

Alright, tonight is short and sweet. My brother is conceived and when dear old Mom is 6 mos along, bio-dad decides to leave with the bleach blond bimbo he is currently screwing. It is just before Christmas. The tree is all decked and the stockings are hung by the chimney with care....and the two year old (me) is crying. Or more accurately pleading...."Please don't go Daddy. Where are you going Daddy? Please don't go!" But a two year old is no match for bio-dad who thinks he is God! And off he goes. I distinctly remember him driving away with a blond.

A few months later and baby brother makes his grand appearance into the world. I am thrilled....or not! After all, what 2 year old can rationalize and understand this small smelly creature who is taking her place. Mom loves to tell the story of how I told her she could take him back. I contest that I didn't like him because he smelled like rotten cheese. She is assuming he just had a dirty diaper at the time. I digress...he was stinky ALL the time. Perhaps I will one day grow to love this creature....my baby brother. I am still waiting for that day to come 30 years later. Shit....that's a long time...I'm thinking it will never come!

No comments: